Saturday, January 30, 2010

Texas Snow


With all the wintery snow pictures on other blogs, I thought I would show the only snow we've had here in Texas. Snowed Christmas Eve night and christmas morning this is all we had to show for it. Not quite as picturesque as other parts of the country. This is looking from the porch of my parents home at Lake Ray Hubbard. That's me in the Santa suit which I wore to the christmas eve party and then christmas day. Everybody got a kick out of it because it was so out of character for me to do something like that.

5 comments:

MH said...

Lake named for the songwriter?

Interesting word verification - coutsic. I almost started it with A and had to look twice

Bert said...

No, it was named after someone in Dallas city government I think. I sometimes have trouble with those word verifications also.

Kim Hines said...

wow, i just stumbled on your blog and am seeing names i knew growing up in garland Lol. Lake Ray Hubbard, my brother lives in Rowlett, that picture reminds me of home! lovely pots too! :)

Bert said...

Small world! My wife grew up in Garland, and as you might have seen, we live in Rowlett as do my parents where that picture was taken. So I'm guessing your no longer in this area?

Kim Hines said...

i moved away from there in '91 but suppose i'll always be a TX girl at heart. still love my TexMex lol but can't get it here. i have to cook my own. i'm in Montana now. we're hoping to get back that way in the next year or two to visit my brother, my husband wants to go boar hunting w/ him lol.