Friday, August 13, 2010

My Summer




Spent the summer doing home improvement. With the help of a friend we replaced the columns on the front of the house. The original columns had rotted at the bottom. Also did my first tile job in the bedroom. I thought it turned out ok for my first attempt, though I did have to fight my perfectionist nature throughout!lol Now I need to paint the house and start on remodeling the bathroom.

I have been asked to do another demo for the art club I mentioned in the last post. Hope I can make them as happy the second time as I did the first.

Thanks to Brandon Phillips for sending me the brush, can't wait to try it out.

2 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Your tile looks great; remodeling is taking up much of my time too, I am ready to quit as all I want to do is clay. We had our whole house tiled and seems like all I've done is move stuff from one room to the next. Finally done though.

Bert said...

Thank you. Got the tile for one dollar a sq. foot from a store called "Seconds and Surplus" here in Dallas. With three cats and a dog we decided the best choice for us would be hard floors throughout. We have a spare bedroom that's being used for storage when we work on another room. Next up is the bathroom which makes me a little nervous because it involves plumbing. Hopefully, it will all turn out.