Thursday, March 5, 2009

Kreeger decorated style bowls




Been sort of busy with other things and uninspired pottery-wise lately. Decided to try some slip decorating I had seen on Keith Kreeger's blog and here are the greenware results. While I just sort of copied his decorations this first time, I am hoping the experience will lead me to my own decorating style. I certainly discovered it's alot of work! Up at the college they only have a clear, celadon, and winnoker blue that are transparent. I think almost everything will get the celadon. The blue is so dark that the contrast of the slip will be muted. They are in the bisque now and hopefully I will be glazing tommorrow night and get some results next weekend.
Today is my wife's birthday. Tonight we will be celebrating with a steak dinner with some of the family. Went to Shreveport this past weekend for some fine dining and gambling to celebrate mine (Feb.20) and her (March 5) birthdays with some family in east Texas.
My next focus is doing some pieces with black and white clay and marbling for a couple of small local contests. Any suggestions or hints? I'm tryng to think of non-functional pieces to make but my brain just thinks in terms of function. Must be that math/engineering training.

No comments: